Raspberry Pi CNC User Interface SD Card Image V4.00
Download (2.5Gb Zip): Version 4.00 (Release Date: 2017/01/24) Raspberry Pi CNC Hat Image - Download
To make things easier, we created a pre-configured bCNC Raspberry Pi image.
The Image has the following features installed and configured :
New in this release:
- GRBL Firmware Updating Scripts - These scripts make it easy to swap between GRBL V0.9 and V1.1
- LaserWeb3 Link - Server shortcut on the desktop.
- ChiliPeppr Server Web Interface - Server shortcut on the desktop.
- Universal Gcode Sender [ Version 1.0.9 ] Link - Server shortcut on the desktop.
- bCNC [ Version 0.9.8 ] Link - Located on the desktop.
- CNC.js [ Version v1.8.15 ] Link - Server shortcut to start it is on the desktop. (Run the shortcut once and go to the RPI's http://<RPI-IP>:8000)
- Arduino [ Version 1.8.1 ] Link
- AVRDude-RPI [ Customized ] - Programs Atmega328/Atmega2560's via Arduino IDE connected to /dev/ttyAMA0.
- XRDB - The Raspberry Pi can be accessed via Remote Desktop.
- TightVNCServer - Alternative to XRDB
- CuteCom - Very simple to use serial terminal.
- SSH has been enabled
- The image is less than 4.5GB uncompressed and we recommend using a 8GB SD-card.
- The hardware serial port has been configured as [/dev/ttyAMA0]. The Raspberry Pi 3 needs and extra step.(Below)
- NodeJS V6.9.4
- To setup a RPi 3's, run the "RPi3 Serial Config" shortcut on the desktop it will configure the hardware serial port and is only needed for on a RPi 3's. It only needs to be run once and will automatically reboot the Pi.
Login credentails(SSH & RDP):
- Username : pi
- Password : raspberry
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Raspberry Pi 1 B+ (Version with 40 Pin header)
- Shrinking the image has been an issue. We recommend using a 16GB SD Card.
Installing the image: Raspberry Pi Image Installation Guide
FAQ and Forum discusions on this topic